Monday, April 11, 2011

SABASTIAN ROBERTS 2011 US RADIO TOUR

Let me catch you up to date on my journey to fame. I am Sabastian Roberts, on a quest to become a country music legend.

You can read my bio, view photos from my career and catch up on my upcoming tour information at my web site http://www.sabastianroberts.com/. So I won't go in to all of that on this blog. I will just get you caught up from the beginning of my 2011 US RADIO TOUR.

March 16, 2011
I really dislike driving in traffic so true to my nature I packed and prepared our 'Hillbilly tour bus-a-bago" for a departure time of 2:00 AM to be sure to be past the Twin Cities rush hour morning traffic in Minnesota. Our first destination was to be at a radio interview in the great state of Iowa at KLMJ in Hampton.

After driving straight through the night we arrived in Hampton, IA with time to spare so we parked the bus-a-bago in a prime location for optimum promotional view since my bright smiling face is plastered on each side. While we were parked in town we had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful group of young ladies who came up to see who was inside. I love to meet new fans and in talking with one young lady named Cassandra Walker who mentioned that it was her birthday the next day and wanted to know if I could come to her school for her birthday wish. Well, I did have a very tight schedule with little driving time allowed in between my next interview so I had to decline such a wonderful invitation.....but  I just couldn't let her down. So the next day I had to stop in and surprise her at her middle school,  During the lunch hour my guitarist, Double D and myself met and handed out the single release 'It's Still Country To Me' to her friends and classmates. I hope she enjoyed the extra attention for her birthday, I know we had a great time meeting the kids.

We had some great adventures while on the road. From parking in a bar and grills parking lot to catch some sleep and being woke up by a very belligerent fan at bar close to meeting some wonderful members of the Oskalooska Police force. We visited some very awesome radio stations through the Midwest on our way to the Los Angeles Music Awards nomination night and showcase at The Whisky-a-go-go in Hollywood, CA.

On March 24, 2011 I was presented with four award nominations for the LA Music Awards 2011. The nominations were for Country single of the Year for 'Dress For The Rain', Album of the Year, Male Vocalist and Record of The Year. What an honor it was to be nominated for one, let alone four LA Music Awards. I met some very inspirational and prominent people in the music industry while at the nominations. I had the distinct honor of meeting David Kershenbaum, who has worked with artists Janet Jackson, Bryan Adams and Cat Stevens.

From the Midwest to the West coast we traveled straight through. We visited KRAZ and KSNI in Santa Maria, CA. Then we went through to KGRT in Las Cruces, NM and onward to Sweetwater, TX from there. Sadly while we were in Louisiana we were notified of the great Mel McDaniels passing. Mel had been suffering from lung cancer and had succumb to the disease the on March 31. It was a terrible lost for country music and particularly to a dear friend of mine, Ms. Peggy. So that I can attend the memorial service on Wednesday, April 13th at the Grand Ole Opry,  I am currently located in music city, Nashville.

I had a all too brief visit with my wife upon arriving here in Nashville and am enjoying spending time with my good friends here in music city. If you are in town stop by the Nashville Palace, Tootsies, Cadillac Ranch, or The Stage and your liable to run in to me. I am hoping to have a few radio interviews and appearances arranged while I am in town through Wednesday. If you see the Hillbilly Tour Bus-a-bago on the side of the road, please feel free to knock on the door and say 'Hello'.

I intend to blog updates on my adventures while I continue on the Sabastian Roberts US Radio Tour 2011 and my claim to fame. Please friend me on facebook or send me comments on my web page, I love to hear from fans and friends while on the road and am very happy to answer any questions you may have. Let me know what you want to hear!

Thank you so much for your support and friendship, welcome to the SR family and be sure to sign up as a fan at http://fburls.com/35-tmSJEfxD  to keep up with the latest tour information.

No comments:

Post a Comment